The starting point for object extraction is the scan types used and it depends on the purpose. Extractions in PointView® are often made on the basis of the types of data below.
• Offshore surveying via Multibeam Scanning, where, for example, bridge piers, the seabed, or a fairway in a harbor entrance can be extracted.
• Drone surveying via Photogrammetry, where, for example, a terrain model can be made that can help estimate earthworks and planning conditions.
• SLAM data via Laser Scanning, where, for example, a building is measured with an indication of building parts, staircases and facade elements can be extracted as objects. This will typically take place with renovation and documentation of existing conditions.
• Mobile Mapping via Laser Scanner and 360-degree camera, where railways, airports, tunnels, bridges and infrastructure are most often measured.
• Terrestrial Laser Scanner, which is a highly detailed survey of, for example, building parts, structures and warehouses, industrial halls. Here you can extract the elements that are of interest for, for example, design or maintenance.
• SmartSurvey data from our own developed surveying system for the mobile phone can be used to advantage as a starting point for extracting and digitizing, for example, water pipes or wells from an excavation.